Last Revised: September 19, 2019
Your use of our DTS Sound Unbound Application, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Privacy Statement and our End User License Agreement for the DTS Sound Unbound Application. (https://dts.com/dts-sound-unbound-end-user-license-agreement/).
Other Privacy Notices
Your information may be collected by other third-parties in connection with the, purchase, download and/or use of the DTS Sound Unbound Application. We are not responsible for the collection or use of your information by these third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and data collection practices of these third parties.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We receive information from you when you download the DTS Sound Unbound Application or post comments, reviews, or feedback regarding the DTS Sound Unbound Application on Microsoft’s Windows Store. Typically this information includes your name as it appears in the Window Store, your country or region, and any information included in your comment, feedback, or reviews.
We receive information from you when you communicate directly with DTS regarding the DTS Sound Unbound Application, consisting of your name, email address, and mailing address and possibly your phone number. In communicating with you, we may learn other information regarding your use of the DTS Sound Unbound Application, including any other information needed to troubleshoot or correct errors regarding the operation of the DTS Sound Unbound Application.
We receive information from you when you express interested in obtaining information about our technologies or services, or when you purchase products or services from the DTS Sound Unbound Application. Typically, this information includes your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number. If a purchase is made from the DTS Sound Unbound Application, we may collect your credit card information.
We receive information about how you use the DTS Sound Unbound Application, including user preferences, technical information, usage statistics, and crash logs. We may use third party technologies to collect this information. The DTS Sound Unbound Application may also collect your name and/or email if you enter into the DTS Sound Unbound Application.
We collect your information that you provide to us when you participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other entries; or send us email messages.
In connection with sharing, contests or other entries, you may be asked to provide information regarding your social media accounts, including your social media IDs or links to your social media. You do not have to provide any of your information to us, but if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to provide the services to you (for example, we may not be able to process your online requests or transactions, or you may not be able to participate in the online contests, sweepstakes, or other entries).
Information Collected Automatically
Through cookies, web beacons and other technologies, we may automatically collect information through the DTS Sound Unbound Application such as your operating system, hardware information, IP address and other information regarding the DTS Sound Unbound Application, including, usage statistics, user preferences, technical information, and crash logs.
Currently, our DTS Sound Unbound application does not recognize “do-not-track” requests.
Information Provided Through Your Use of Social Media
If you share to social media services through the DTS Sound Unbound Application, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube, you give us permission to access, store and use any information that you permit the applicable third party social media service to share with us in accordance with the privacy settings that apply to your account with the third-party social media services. When you share to a social media service, we may also collect information and statistics about what is shared.
Our Use of Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To provide our services within the DTS Sound Unbound Application to you,
• To communicate with you about your use of our products and services
• If you order services or products through the DTS Sound Unbound Application, we may use your information to complete that order, to provide the service, and to communicate to you about the service or product.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and provide personalized help and instructions, and to personalize your experiences.
• To better understand how users access and use our DTS Sound Unbound Application, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the DTS Sound Unbound Application and other products and respond to user and preferences.
• For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information provided to us, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions. We may link to your social media, engage with you through social media, send messages or notifications through social media, repost your social media postings, or post or comment on your social media.
• We also may use the information that we learn about you, such as user preferences to assist us in advertising our products and services on third party websites and through social media. If you provide your address, we may send marketing materials, promotional products, or information. In marketing or using your information for promotional purposes, we may provide your information to third-party vendors that provide such services on our behalf (see Sharing Your Personal Information, below).
Onward Transfer/Where We Store and Process Data
Information collected from the DTS Sound Unbound Application may be stored and processed in the United States or other countries in which DTS or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country.
By submitting any personal information to DTS or by using the DTS Sound Unbound Application and without limitation to any other rights or obligations we have, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries, and acknowledge that your information may be subject to access by law enforcement and other government entities, including courts and tribunals, in accordance with laws applicable in those jurisdictions.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Except as detailed in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of DTS and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities without your prior consent. We may share the information that we collect about you as follows:
• Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, the use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Privacy Statement. Our affiliates include, for example, Xperi Corporation, DTS Licensing Ltd., Fotonation Corporation, Fotonation, Ltd., Fotonation S.r.L., Invensas Corporation, Tessera Technologies, Inc., and DLLNI Ltd.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, if you order services or products, we may share your information with a third-party to complete that order, to provide the service, and to communicate to you about the service or product.
• Marketing Partners and Third Party Advertisers. We may share information about you with our marketing partners, our affiliates, or other third parties to provide relevant advertising and marketing communications to you. If you sign up for specific services that are provided by us, our marketing partners or other third parties, we may share information you provide to us with our marketing partners or other third parties. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, please refer to our opt-out process.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, a court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Accessing Your Personal Information
To request corrections or access to information we have about you, please send a request via email addresses set forth in the opt-out section. DTS will respond within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt.
Security of Your Personal Information
In an effort to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal information, we have implemented several security measures to prevent the unauthorized access and use of your personal information. We review these security measures from time to time and evaluate new technologies or approaches that would further enhance the security measures currently in place. Please be informed that despite our best efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. Each user takes full responsibility for any misuse or unauthorized use of our products and services.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account by unauthorized password activity.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
The DTS Sound Unbound Application is intended for a general audience, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are aware that we have unintentionally collected information from someone who is underage, please notify us immediately by sending an email to DTSLegalPrivacy@dts.com.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
DTS may revise this Privacy Statement at any time. If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post such changes to our website, and we will update this Privacy Statement with a revised version so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post notice of such changes to this Privacy Statement on our Sites at least thirty (30) days prior to their taking effect. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by checking the “Effective Date” legend at the top of this Privacy Statement.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request and receive once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to which we have disclosed personal information about you for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at DTSLegalPrivacy@dts.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
While this Privacy Statement may be translated into other languages, the English version shall control.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at DTSLegalPrivacy@dts.com. To make choices about receiving communications, or to update your personal information, please contact us via email at the email addresses set forth in the opt-out section above.
In the U.S.
ATTN: Legal Department, Privacy
5220 Las Virgenes Rd.
Calabasas, CA 91302
DTS Licensing Limited
ATTN: Legal Department, Privacy
Hamilton House 2
National Technology Park
Castletroy, Limerick, Ireland