The DTS:X MediaPlayer is the first commercially available player that enables content professionals the ability to QC next-generation DTS:X and legacy DTS-HD audio against video. It supports playback of all DTS:X, DTS-HD, DTS Express, DTS Digital Surround and AAC-LC audio stream types, as well as AVC and HEVC video at up to 4K resolutions. In addition to supporting elementary streams, the DTS:X MediaPlayer also natively supports playback of MOV and MP4 and file formats with frame accurate sync, random access seeking, the ability to monitor legacy downmix modes and interactive dialog options.
DTS:X MediaPlayer 1.2 is a complimentary update for existing DTS:X MediaPlayer 1.0, 1.1 and 1.1.1 customers. If you are an existing DTS:X MediaPlayer customer email us for your complimentary update.
HIGH QUALITY FRAME-ACCURATE PLAYBACK
The DTS:X MediaPlayer is a native Mac OS X application that was built from the ground up to ensure frame accurate synchronization of audio and video to meet professional QC requirements. This is no small feat, given its support for up to 4K HEVC video at up to 100 Mbps.
FILE FORMAT SUPPORT
With support for playback of elementary stream DTS and AAC-LC audio, with AVC and HEVC video formats, as elementary bitstreams or within common container formats, such as MP4 and MOV, DTS:X MediaPlayer is a seamless addition to today’s premium content production workflows.
Powered by our latest codec technology, DTS:X, users can play back audio in a wide range of immersive and surround sound channel configurations (e.g. 7.1.4, 5.1.4, 7.1, 5.1, etc.). Audio can be flexibly assigned and routed via CoreAudio digital audio I/O devices.
ADVANCED QC FEATURES
The DTS:X MediaPlayer provides numerous advanced features to aid the professional QC process, including time code settings, audio track switching, channel solo, interactive dialog monitoring, and legacy downmix monitoring, in addition to keyboard shortcuts and useful file details for confirming properly formed content.
- MAC OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 AND 10.12
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Late (Oct) 2013 Apple MacBook Pro, or 2014 Apple MacPro (recommended) or above computer system
- Intel processor, 2.6 GHz i5 or faster (3.5 GHz Xeon E5 recommended)
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB DDR3 RAM recommended)
- GPU with 1 GB on-board VRAM (6 GB VRAM recommended)
- 7200 RPM SATA for OS and External Drives (Flash or SSD recommended)
- Built-in laptop display and/or
- External monitor (up to 3840x2160, 60 fps, DisplayPort 1.2 recommended)
- Audio Hardware Support:
- iLok 1, iLok 2 or iLok 3 USB Device Required