HD RADIOTM TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE IN OVER 70 CE PRODUCTS DELIVERING FREE DIGITAL QUALITY PROGRAMMING AND SERVICES
2015 International CES Show, Las Vegas, NV, January 6, 2015. iBiquity Digital, the developer of HD RadioTM Technology, reported today that more than 70 HD Radio consumer products will be available in 2015. The technology is a mainstream OEM automotive feature and continues to grow in home, aftermarket auto and portable consumer electronics products featuring a rich audio and visual radio experience with new content, images and information.
“There are now more ways than ever before for consumers to enjoy the HD Radio Experience,” said Bob Struble, iBiquity’s president and CEO. “This broader range of HD Radio products allows consumers to listen to their favorite radio stations and wide selection of new diverse HD2 and HD3 channels, in amazing digital quality sound. They’ll also benefit from great new HD Radio services like album cover art, real-time traffic and weather updates and other advanced services, all free.”
HD Radio receivers are available nationwide at thousands of retail locations. Major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Costco, Sam’s Club, BJ’s, Amazon, Crutchfield, Car Toys and many more regional retailers support a wide variety of models across multiple categories.
Major CE brands offer HD Radio equipped products, across virtually all product categories including Aftermarket Car Stereo, AV Receivers, Tabletop and docking devices, portable products, and Personal Navigation Devices (PND).These HD Radio devices offer consumers crystal-clear sound quality and additional, digital only, local FM channels known as HD2/HD3/HD4 channels.
Significant HD Radio product highlights at CES include:
Aftermarket Car: More than 40 new aftermarket car products will be available this year from virtually all major brands
- An expanded Kenwood product line including HD Radio in-dash CD, Multi-media, and Navigation featured models
- An expanded Pioneer line including new CD models as well as a double DIN Multimedia and navigation models, featuring HD Radio Technology in the industry’s first CarPlay products
- New high end Alpine models with the largest displays offered in the industry
- New double DIN models from both Sony and Clarion
- GROM Audio with HD Radio dongles and firmware to bring the adapt HD Radio Experience to a variety of new and existing OEM vehicles
Home Audio: Significantly upgraded home products across a wide variety of categories
- Two brand new state-of-the-art Component Tuners from renowned manufacturer, Magnum Dynalab
- A new (as yet un-announced product) from high end supplier Outlaw Audio
- Two brand new flagship Denon “InCommand “ AV Receivers
- New Marantz top of the line AV Preamp/Tuners and flagship AV Receiver
- Yamaha AV Receivers in their flagship “Aventage” line
- Continuing AV Receiver and Tuner from world class McIntosh Labs
Personal Navigation Devices (PND)
- Industry leader Garmin offering a new line of PNDs providing HD Digital Traffic and Weather services, utilizing the HD Radio network to deliver the industry’s fastest and most reliable real time traffic and weather updates.
Advanced Features Provide Rich Media and New Services to the Radio Experience
Enriching the digital quality of HD Radio broadcasts are exciting new services. These features enhance broadcast radio by providing a rich multimedia experience, complete with high quality audio, graphics, data services, and public service capabilities.
- Artist Experience - (widely available) provides graphic information like album art and station logos. Artist Experience will be available on significantly expanded FM broadcast programs and products in 2015
- Emergency Alerts - (available from Pioneer) is the newest HD Radio feature that works in conjunction with new federally required Emergency Alert Services. It provides extended information, both text and audio based, to supplement broadcast alerts for weather, disaster, and other federal and locally generated notifications
- Channel Guide, Bookmark, HD Digital Traffic, iTunes Tagging and other advanced services - all now available in products.
The 2015 CES HD Radio Booth is located in the Las Vegas Convention Center Central Hall, Number 8232