Enabling on the move, private and secure proof of identity will act as the stepping stone for new biometric experiences for all mobile devices, be them smartphones or xR devices.
If for smartphones iris recognition can increase the device’s security and offer access to payment zones, for the xR space it becomes the only private authentication method that can formally link the physical and the digital you.
Seamless, secure and accurate iris detection and capture is quickly becoming a key ingredient in the mobile market. Working on two levels, iris recognition can offer more than a layer of safety and security; it can be the main driver of your experience in the XR space.
- Iris recognition based on the market proven Mirlin technology.
- State-of-the-art seamless security.
- Enables easy customization and personalization.
- Patented algorithm with minimum system requirements.
- Highly optimizable to run on a generic CPU or DSP.
- Software and reference development kits.
- Enrolment distance for smartphones: 30 – 45 cm
- Enrolment distance for xR devices: 1 – 3.5 cm
Iris recognition is a carefully designed solution that addresses specific issues for both mobile and xR markets.
Anti-spoofing based on liveness detection against presentation attacks will ensure that all the data will be kept safe and secure at all times.
The solution is pre-calibrated to work on close distances from 10 to 35mm and supports a wide range of gaze angles during authentication (up to 45 degrees off-axis), reducing the integration time to ensure a faster time-to-market.
Always ON and efficient, DTS’s iris recognition is compliant with the ISO/IEC 19794-6 biometric data interchange format and can deliver a 1 in 10,000,000 false acceptance rate (FAR) with a less then 1% false reject rate (FRR)